Thursday, September 3, 2009

Saving Private Pip

Wow, I practically forgot I had a blog! Thought I would get on here and enlighten you on one of my most recent boarding adventures. Just last Tuesday, I had finished surfing with Philip, I call him Pip. Anyway, Pip and I were standing on the beach chatting, when this dude comes up and start talking with Pip and asking him about his board. It seemed normal at first, but then I started to get weirded out by the guy.

Being in the special forces for such a long time, I started to get all these crazy thoughts that he was a spy or trying to create a diversion from something going on elsewhere on the beach. Just like that, the dude unbuckled his life preserve and started to reach inside.

With lighting reflexes, I began to work on instinct and adrenaline alone. I pushed Pip out of any immediate danger, performed a barrel role and threw sand in the guys face. Blinded, I tackled him, putting him a lateral vascular neck restraint. A few moments later Pip rushed over and told me to let go of his cousin Raymond. Turned out the guy only had an itch.

Man was I embarrassed, but at least I know I've still got it. I guess little Ray-Ray, as I like to call him now, was just lucky I didn't have my gun on me that day. Anyway, until next time.






This actually looks like Pip and Ray-Ray except not indian and blonde hair instead of black, oh and less muscle more stringy.









Surf hard, but never naked,

0 comments: